Installation VQMOD on Opencart
- Download the latest version that has "opencart" in the title from the download area.
- Using FTP, upload the "vqmod" folder from the zip to the root of your opencart store.
- Be sure the vqmod folder and the vqmod/vqcache folders are writable (either 755 or 777).
Also be sure index.php and admin/index.php are writable.
- If not sure which you need, first try 755.
- If you get errors about permissions, then try 777.
NOTE: 777 permissions are dangerous and should only be used as a last resort. If your hosting requires this, consult your hosting to let them know this shouldn't be necessary
- Goto http://www.yoursite.com/vqmod/install
- You should get a success message. If not, check permissions above and try again
- Load your store homepage and verify it works.
- Using FTP, verify that there are new "vq" files in the "vqmod/vqcache" folder.
- If yes, then you are ready to start downloading or creating vQmod scripts, otherwise ask for assistance.
- DO NOT DELETE THE INSTALL FOLDER!
- YOU MUST RUN THE INSTALLER EVERY TIME YOU UPGRADE OPENCART!!
- THERE IS NO DANGER OF RE-RUNNING THE INSTALLER!
Download VQMOD for Opencart: